G.U.A.R.D. (Global Unilateral Aegis Response Directive) was first started in the late 1970s as a response to increased super-powered and alien threats to Earth and is now a global and solar system powerhouse designed to keep the peace - or fight those that would disrupt it.
GUARD is considered a secretive peacekeeping organization created by the major national powers of Earth and the United Nations. It was a small agency that initially was designed to collate information and coordinate communications with the rest of the major national powers to ensure they were aware of any extra-national crisis. With the discovery of several shadowy world domination organizations, GUARD earned the respect and support of all of the major world leaders.
Click on any of the following GUARD logos to access their respective webpages.
| || |
| || |
As the decades went by, GUARD started receiving funding from the United Nations. A revised charter ensured their autonomy in information gathering and dissemination of said information. During that time, more and more aliens from other worlds and star systems were discovered on Earth and in the Solar System, and, much to the chagrin of the world leaders, most of these aliens were not friendly. GUARD then chose to create a separate division called ASTROGUARD that would do the same thing as what GUARD did for Earth, but instead, relating to local space (i.e., Solar System).
Within the first few years of ASTROGUARD's start, the alien Soltan Empire attacked Earth in an attempt to take over Earth's population for their slave trade as well as a new base of operations on a planet that, to them, was rich in natural resources. The Soltan Invasion lasted for three long, bloody months. Millions died in the invasion. Entire countries and regions were subjugated into slavery. During that time, GUARD was the only organization that was able to coordinate and combat the Soltans effectively. They coordinated efforts from the world's nations, armies, air forces and even the world's super-heroes (and villains). Eventually, the Soltans were beaten back, with the Earth's populace lauding GUARD for their astounding achievement in creating the much needed victory.
Within a year after the defeat of the Soltans (who retreated to Mars and set up a base there), GUARD was allocated nearly unlimited funds and direction to continue their peacekeeping and humanitarian efforts. A formal United Nations directive assigned GUARD unilateral actions over the world's safety, with the World Court assigned as the official legal overseers to ensure "checks and balances" to prevent GUARD from getting 'too big for their britches". In 2007, GUARD was allowed to separate itself from the United Nation's controls and created a world 'directive' that outlined their responsibilities and authority in and about Earth. A high majority of the 'directive' was a pull from the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights.
GUARD Headquarters - Boston, Massachusetts
GUARD's funding is in a self-managed, high-yield rotating world fund that gains nearly 25% interest quarterly. As a result, GUARD is considered a multi-trillion dollar organization.
In 2010, GUARD was able to discern that several 'shadow' world-domination organizations had infiltrated GUARD at many different levels. When these 'spies' were discovered, they'd ingest a capsule that would violently, yet painlessly, dissolve their bodies within minutes, damaging any form of DNA collection or identity processing. At that point, the director of GUARD created two new operations subdivisions: XGUARD and PSIGUARD. XGUARD was GUARD's 'black-ops' unit that was manned with the most trusted, reliable and dedicated guardsmen and women in GUARD. PSIGUARD was designed to mentally scan its guardsmen and women and ensure that any 'shadow' groups were not infiltrating GUARD. They found over a hundred spies in this process, and since then, GUARD is considered 'clean' in regards to spies amidst their ranks.
Recently, with the advent of a major upswing in super-villain and alien activity, GUARD has since created super-powered "super-groups" such as AEROGUARDIANS, SEAGUARDIANS, ASTROGUARDIANS and TERRAGUARDIANS. Each group is dedicated to GUARD and are used to support GUARD's operations should the mission require a 'super' involvement.
With over 100,000 guardsmen and women making up this powerful, technologically-advanced peace force, you can bet the action will be non-stop.
GUARD is composed of several divisions with the following respective personnel and/or positions (including their division/command color, tactical acronym and their codename):
* Director of GUARD (DoG) ("Big Dog")
* Executive Director (ED) ("Mr. Ed")
- Northern Hemisphere Executive Commander (NHEC) ("Nick")
- NHEC Public Relations Commander (NHEC PRCOM) ("Nick's Dirty Laundry")
- NHEC Tactical Commander (NHEC TACCOM) ("Nick's Tack")
- Southern Hemisphere Executive Commander (SHEC) ("Shecky")
- SHEC Public Relations Commander (SHEC PRCOM) ("Shecky's Dirty Laundry")
- SHEC Tactical Commander (SHEC TACCOM) ("Shecky's Tackle Box")
* Intelligence Division Director (IDD) ("Id")
- Galactic/Extraterrestrial Intelligence Commander (GEICOM) ("Galaxy")
- World Intelligence Commander (WORLDINTCOM) ("World")
* Medical Division Director (MDD) ("Doc")
- Alien Care Commander (ACARE) ("Ack-Ack")
- Human Care Commander (HCARE) ("Hack")
- Superhuman Care Commander (SCARE) ("Sack")
* Operations Division Director (ODD) ("Oddball")
- AEROGUARD Commander (AEROCOM) ("Air")
- ASTROGUARD Commander (ASTROCOM) ("Space")
- PORTALGUARD Commander (PORTCOM) ("Door Man")
- PSIGUARD Commander (PSICOM) ("Brains")
- SEAGUARD Commander (SEACOM) ("Sea")
- TERRAGUARD Commander (TERRACOM) ("Land")
- XGUARD Commander (XCOM) ("Mr./Ms. Black")
* Resource Division Director (RDD) ("Raider")
- Academy Commander (ACADCOM) ("Principal")
- Facilities Commander (FACOM) ("House")
- Personnel Commander (PERSCOM) ("People Person")
- Transportation Commander (TRANSCOM) ("Gearhead")
- Weapons Commander (WEPSCOM) ("War Machine")